Wednesday, 29 August 2007

My list so far

After much deliberation and head scratching moments I've come up with my hopeful list of films to see. I've not yet picked my 'second' choices yet. Considering the films are predominately not star studded, and I've only picked 2 Gala's I have my fingers crossed that my first picks will make it in.

Âge des ténèbres, L
Beyond the Years
Blood Brothers
Cèdre penché, Le
Contre toute espérance
Encounters at the End of the World
Flash Point
Forever Never Anywhere
Gentle Breeze in the Village, A
Glory to the Filmmaker!
I am From Titov Veles
Jar City
Love Comes Lately
Man of Cinema
Mother of Tears, The
My Winnipeg
Nos vies privé
Paranoid Park
Sad Vacation
Shake Hands with the Devil
Stone Angel, The
Sun Also Rises, The
Thousand Years of Good Prayers, A
Trap, The
Under the Same Moon
Voyage du ballon rouge, Le
Wild Horse Redemption

Program breakdown:
12 Contemporary World Cinema
6 Special Presentations
5 Masters
4 Midnight Madness
3 Real to Reel
3 Discovery
3 Vangard
2 Visions
2 Gala
1 Canada First

Country breakdown:
9 Canada
7 European co-pro's
5 Japan
3 France
2 South Korea
2 Asian co-pro's
2 Austria
1 India
1 Ireland
1 Ireland/UK
1 Mexico/US
1 The Netherlands
1 Thailand
1 Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
1 China

As I found a lot of the films I've noted have French titles, here is a quick tip to others
I found really helpful. Some shortcuts to common letters with accents:

â - alt+ 131
é - alt+ 130
è - alt+ 138
ö - alt+ 148


Polly said...

I'm definitely going to let this be my guide as I try to navigate the tangled web that is the TIFF schedule. Glad you put in the research for me!

Sacred Suzie said...

It's fascinating to see your process Shannon! I'm glad you're seeing so many Canadian movies but there are so many other countries too which is awesome. I'm so excited for you, I can't wait to hear about all of them.

Second choices? Do you have time for second choices?!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

I'm glad you both liked the list!

They reccommend places 2nd choices when you submit your requests, in case your 1st pick is gone. When I tried to do that my brain almost exploded but I did manage to add about half of first picks to have a second. We shall see! My selections went into Box 41. They draw happened 20 minutes ago to see what box will be processed first... I can't wait to hear the news!

Nell Minow said...

A sensational selection! I look forward to your comments on everything you see.

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012