Sunday, 17 February 2008

DIY Book/Entertainment Club


Earlier this week I received DIY Book Club package! Late last year I noticed often in my reviews I would indicate 'I'd buy it' in my overall view when I would consider it a repeat viewing film that was really good. But, I realized I rarely buy DVD's. Hence the DIY Book/Entertainment Club and now I can walk the talk! I got creative with my budget and slotted $50/month to build my library. My sister Jamie is also doing this, see her post here.

I originally thought of this as a book club, then an Entertainment Club with the idea of 1 book 1 CD and 1 movie. But then again, why should there be rules? Other than my budget, which I'll stick to without a doubt, I think I'll just pick whatever suits my fancy that month. Oh my, did I just plan spontaneity? Well, gotta start somewhere!

February's choices pictured above are:

King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters DVD
I loved this film, it was one of my favourites from last year. I am really looking forward to watching all the extras on the DVD. ( link)

In the Mood for Love DVD
I adore this movie, and thought it would be fitting considering the whole February/Valentine's Day thing. ( link)

Chronicles of the Cheysuli Volume I & II Books
I love this series by Jennifer Roberson, but I don't have all 8 of the books so I'm working on completing the set. I prefer the original cover art but those ones are hard to find now. ( link)

Hmmm, nothing was 'new to me' this time around. I'll have to consider that when I'm being spontaneous in March.


Marina said...

Coooooool! I love this idea! It's too bad I simply don't have the self control to wait until the end of the month. I mean...just this weekend I spent more that $50 on DVDs. And I was being a bit conservative....


Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Hehe, that's ok Marina, I would love to buy more :)

Rachel said...

I saw King of Kong earlier this month. I liked it just a smidge less than Darkon, which I found similarly themed and better cinematography.

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012