Saturday, 21 June 2008

Why I don't even go into stores...


In general, I refrain from shopping unless I have something very specific in mind. When I need something I go in, buy it, and leave. No browsing, no flipping through magazines, I'm outta there in a flash. For DVD, CD and book purchases I am really focused as well, and I do a DIY Entertainment Club every month, ordering from always taking full advantage of their Free shipping at $39. I even have these funds allocated in my monthly budget. But yesterday I got swiftly vortexed into HMV and came out with an armload of stuff! My resistances were down! I'm now debt-free so in theory have more money but I haven't done my budget yet! There are so many excuses, but considering all of the stellar films I picked up were between $6-$12.50 I think I can forgive myself and just enjoy.

Here is what I indulged in:

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly for $12.50 (2 for $25)
I love this film, I was absolutely floored by it. I even watched it twice in two days and its three hours long. I could have gotten the box set of The Man with No Name Trilogy but I wanted the one with the cover shown above that is Clint with the poncho. I'm currently trying to find a poster of that image as well. Rockin' film.

How She Move for $9.99
This is the Canadian dance movie that came out earlier this year. The fact that I missed it in the theatre puts me to shame. Canadian! Dance film! What was I thinking? I saw the writer Annmarie Morais on CBC Sunday (see article here) and I knew I could not wait to see it any longer.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within for $6
Ok, mostly I bought this because it was $6. It is ironic that I really enjoy this film even though the first time I saw it I was ridiculously hung over. Ah, well we can always make new memories. The thing I enjoy the most about the film is the sound. It also has an epic quality to it which makes it a perfect bedtime story.

28 Weeks Later for $12.50 (2 for $25)
I needed a film to pair up with The Good, The Bad and The Ugly deal for 2 for $25 and although I picked up a bunch of different things I decided to go with a film I've not seen. I always find it weird when I purchase DVDs that are exclusivly films I've already seen so this is my attempt to mix it up.

That's my lot this week. Did you buy anything?


Jamie said...

Very cool collection! I can't wait to hear how How She Move is! Enjoy :)

Sacred Suzie said...

I can see why those deals were hard to pass up with those kind of prices! I think you scored Shannon and that there is nothing wrong with the occasional spontaneous purchase. Especially since you worked so hard to get out of debt. I'm going to do a DIY Entertainment Club purchase soon too! Happy movie-watching!

BTW, Get Smart was so much fun!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

How She Move was fan-freaking-tastic!

Oh, yes I don't think there is anything wrong with buying movies, I just wish I had done my budget first is all... But now I have them! hehe.

I'm glad to hear Get Smart was fun! I wonder if I can squeeze that in this week!

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012