Tuesday, 26 August 2008

Pre-fest Vlog #1

Clicking the play button to hear my views on the TIFF pick up, ticket and schedule process so far! Static pic is a little scary - very strange!


A few notes:
The box office I refer to is called "Festival Box Office at Toronto Life Square" at Yonge & Dundas as opposed to the various name incarnations I came up with.
This is my first ever vlog attempt, I hope you enjoy it!

The Toronto International Film Festival 2008 runs from September 4-13/08 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.


Sacred Suzie said...

OMG Shannon the Movie Moxie, I LOVED watching this! I love seeing you vlogging here and congrats on the great swag and holy cow I can't believe that one movie may end up costing you an additional $40, bummer. I wish I could go to the festival but getting your coverage is like being there.

Way to go on your first vlog, it rocked!

Jamie said...

I love the vlogging! There's something so glamorous about saying, I just watched Movie Moxie's new Vlog entry - have you seen it?

That's great info about the theatre sizes. And how fascinating about the shift in venues away from the traditional spots.

I can't wait to read, I mean, see more! Are you going to share the truffles? ;)

Paul said...

Good vlog. That's the first I heard about 1 ticket per film for the 30 ticket package. What's up with that? I usually get packages and a few tickets get resold (at cost) to friends to see films with me... these are people who would only see 1 or 2 films at the festival.

Thank goodness I cut back to 20 total tickets this year.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Thanks for the enthusiastic response everyone :)

Currently it looks like no The Good The Bad The Weird for me. Here's hoping it comes to regular release in Toronto.

Paul, here is the link for the 30-ticket pass info, it's on the TIFF site under Tickets, Packages, Regular Packages"




from the link:
"Festival Lite Package
-Enjoy up to 30 different films during the Festival — for as little as $12.50 per film!
-One ticket per screening to any regular public screening of your choice.
-Not valid for Gala screenings at Roy Thomson Hall or presentations at the Visa Screening Room at the Elgin Theatre.
-Eligible to participate in Advance Order Procedure"

The price does not include service charges.

I always recommend reading all the details on passes, films and procedures from the official site.

PozVibes said...

"Line buddy" - too funny!

Good tips on the theatre sizes.

Hope you do more of these!

daisies said...

what a fabulous vlog :) how wonderful to hear your voice!! : )

wish i was there to go to the festival ...

danette said...

AUGH! THat is so so so AWESOME Shannon. I love seeing you vlog! What a great addition to Movie Moxie. If this were a dance movie, it would be called "The Way She Vlogs". Or maybe, "Vlog Up: The Streets".

I'm always impressed by your clever and useful approach to covering film. I really feel like I'm watching a pro in action here.

I love the fading in and out. You've got charm, girl.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Thanks everyone for the enthusiastic response! I hope to continue vlogging throughout the festival.

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012