Monday, 8 September 2008

TIFF'08 Vlog Day 4 - Sunday September 7/08

video

Here is my TIFF'08 Vlog Day 4
Random things that happen on this rocking day of great screenings. All 5 films rocked and 4 had great Q&A's as well.

Notes & Links from Vlog
-Clarification: Rafaël Ouellet's Le Cèdre penché was his first *feature* film
-TUFF (Toronto Urban Film Festival) silent films shown in subway monitors and on the festival site
-Stand Right, Walk Left: standard escalator etiquette here in Toronto (mostly on the TTc) is to stand on the right hand side of the escalator so if people want to walk they can do so on the left hand side.
-The director for White Night Wedding name is Baltasar Kormákur

Films discussed:
It Might Get Loud, Derrière moi, The Real Shaolin, White Night Wedding and Vacation.

Box Office & Advance Ticket Holder Lines at the AMC:
Photobucket

Rush Line at the AMC:
Photobucket

TUFF in the subway:
Photobucket

People *not* Standing Right, Walking Left:
Photobucket

The Toronto International Film Festival 2008 runs from September 4-13/08 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

3 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

I never tire of your vlog posts Shannon the Movie Moxie! I totally wish I could see the Shaolin one, R would love that, and I am surprised that you went to see the one on execution, glad it was worth it and that you enjoyed it. Wow, five movies in one day! That's unbelievable. You rock.

Marina said...

Oh my. I've been bookmarking the site to come back and then every time I come back there's MORE content. I just wanted a few extra minutes to take it all in...

I'm LOVING the video updates. My favourite part of the day!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Thanks Ladies! I'm glad you are enjoying the Vlogs, I think they are a good addition this year! Although I didn't account for the fact that I don't have more *time* to do them.

Tricky tricky thing that time thing is!

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012