Sunday, 11 January 2009

9 in 2009: List, watch and return all unseen film I've borrowed or own

Photobucket

As a part of the 9 in 2009 film resolution challenge, I decided by the end of 2009 I would see all the films I have in my possession be they borrowed or ones that I own. Looking at the list now, I can see it's one of the stranger film lists I've come up with. I wanted to get the list up sooner rather than later as I'm only including films in my current possession, not any new acquisitions. In total it is 18 films to see in 12 months, should be easy as pie!

Seen so far 17/18 - and I'm calling that complete!

All the unseen borrowed films to watch:
1. Dawn of the Dead, George A. Romero's (seen!)
2. Funky Forest (seen!)
3. Herbie: Fully Loaded (seen, vlog)
4. Mr. & Mrs. Smith (seen! vlog)
5. Murder Party (seen!)
6. Pride & Prejudice (BBC Version) - unseeen, techincally it's a miniseries anyway
7. Silk (seen, vlog)
8. Someone Like You (seen, vlog)

All the unseen owned films to watch:
1. Blue Velvet (seen, vlog)
2. David Copperfield (seen, vlog)
3. D.O.A. (1950) (seen, vlog)
4. Game of Death (seen, vlog)
5. Game of Death II (seen, vlog)
6. The Grudge (US Version) (seen, vlog)
7. The Man with the Golden Arm (seen, vlog)
8. No Country for Old Men (seen! vlog)
9. Sparrow (seen!)
10. The Terror (seen!)

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I've only seen/own one film on that list and that's Pride and Prejudice. It's one of my favourites though. I'd watch it more often if it weren't 5 hours long.

I might be able to do the same for a movie list, but when I contemplate all the books that fall under the 'own but not read' category, it's a bit frightening. I could probably do a 101 books in 1001 days with just part of my current collection

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Pride & Prejudice is one I really want to get back to it's owner. I've had it for ages and I didn't like the recent film version.

101 books in 1001 days? Wow, that I couldn't do! I've been reading a lot more but still take in way more film than books.

Have you heard of the 101 in 1001 project? I finished on in December 08 and am thinking about trying it again:

http://www.triplux.com/dayzero/

colleeny said...

Sparrow rocked. Really enjoyed it at VIFF this year. Maybe not Johnny To's best film, but beautifully crafted pickpocket caper.

Bob Turnbull said...

Hey, I recognize some of those DVDs! B-)

Just kidding...No rush at all. Funky Forest is 2.5 hours long, so it's tough to squeeze in (though it does have its own intermission...B-) ). Funny how some long movies can just fly by though - I just rewatched Magnolia last night and 3 hours and 8 minutes absolutely zoomed by. Man, I love that film.

D.O.A. and The Terror are 80 minute films, so you can knock those off quick (Murder Party is pretty short too). But then you've given yourself the 5 hour "P&P"...You're lucky though - speaking of long films that fly by, P&P is a great example. Colin Firth is terrific and Jennifer Ehle is 1) also terrific and 2) freaking adorable. Well, OK maybe number 2 won't reasonate with you as much as it did with me...B-)

I love the Grudge films - both the Japanese and the U.S. remakes. They all build some great spooky atmosphere. And No Country For Old Men is brimming with awesome moments ("Whoa, differences!").

Have fun!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

I'm really looking forward to Sparrow Colleen, I'm surprized I didn't watch it over the holidays. I think I'd watch anything Simon Yam is in.

My goal is to get through your 2 by the end of the month Bob! I'm sure I can squeeze Murder Party in but Funky Forest will be more of a challenge, but I'm up for it!

I'm hoping I like Pride and Prejudice, I might work it into an hour a day for a week or something. Adorableness always helps!

Marina said...

I wish I could partake in your resolution by doing my own but I'm scared of even admitting to myself how many movies I own that I haven't seen yet.

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012