Sunday, 4 January 2009

New Years Resolution Challenge - 9 in 2009

Photobucket

DVD Panache has come up with a fantastic idea. Create a list of 9 film related resolutions for 2009. I love lists. I love challenges. Therefore, I am jumping on this train of movie going madness. I have so many film related goals so honing it down to 9 and just for this year is a challenge, but I am up for it!

Final Tally: 7/9

1. Attend a film festival outside of Toronto - not this year!
2. Create a new 101 films to see list (see past list here)
3. Create a or be on a podcast Done & Done: Guest on Gmanreviews Unnamed Movie Podcast + Co-host of Before the Dawn: A Twilight Podcast
4. See more 2009 releases in 2009 than 2008 films in 2008 (2008 was: 92/341) - Done! 104 Films from 2009 seen
5. Review more 2009 release in 2009 than 2008 films in 2008 (2008 was: 38) Done: 67 reviews of theatrical releases
6. Buy a new TV
7. Go to a microcinema and / or drive in - no luck here
8. Take a picture of the poster for all 2009 releases I see & create a slideshow of the images: in process - done! See video here
9. List, watch and return all unseen film I've borrowed or own: List made! & Done
Bonus: Have a fabulous opening night outfit - done!

Part of playing along is tagging 5 people. I don't usually tag but please play along. Click here for all the details on how to do participate.

13 comments:

Joseph said...

Nice. I would like to accomplish No. 9 as well, but that would be quite a feat. :) It's amazing how they tend to stack up.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

It's amazing how they do that! They must be second cousins to dust bunnies or something.

I tend to see a lot of film in the theatre or from the library so borrowed-without-a-return-deadline can sure stack up. I only have 11 right now but it's been 11 for a while! Oh, make that 13. 13! Creepy number.

Jamie said...

What a cool list. It's going to be another amazing year in MovieMoxieVille!

What's a microcinema?

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

A really small indie house, something like what Cineforum was (they used to play the Salvador Dali film) but they just closed so I never made it out there.

Sacred Suzie said...

More movies Shannon? Holy cow! If anyone can do it, it's you. I think getting a new TV rocks for one of your challenges. We're doing that too. I gotta make R doesn't go crazy though!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

I added a bonus one because I forgot it but it's important.

Jenn said...

That's a great list of goals for the year. I should really make it a point to watch all the movies that I own but haven't seen yet either. Like the boxed set of the original Planet of the Apes movies. That's just calling for a weekend long movie marathon.

Andrew Robinson said...

you've listed most of my new years resolutions regarding things I want to with my website and movie journalism [feel strange saying that].

Bob Turnbull said...

Yowza, that's a helluva list Shannon. I'm still trying to put mine up - it's mostly around seeing either types of films or ones from directors I haven't explored enough yet. And the microcinema! Yes, that's definitely got to be there...

And just to see more movies in general, 'cause you know I didn't really see much last year...B-)

Juan Carlo said...

What, no "Learn Spanish so I can read my friend Juan's blog"? ;)

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Watching unseen DVDs seems to be a common theme for all eh?

Andrew - you've already completed one of the ones listed, haven't you?

Bob - Yes, you are a slacker. Se more movies - now! ..kidding.

Juan, that one might take more than a year! I'm ambitious but that would be quit a feat!

Marina said...

If I can figure out the technical stuff behind Skype recording, we're going to try to scratch #3 off the list. And hey, if you're looking for a festival...VIFF is fab...

:)

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Woohoo sounds like fun Marina! I'd be up for that.

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012