Wednesday, 11 February 2009

9 in 2009 - Get a New TV!


I just brought a new TV. It's been a long time coming and believe me I have loved my dear lil old 13" TV for many years. But the time has come and I went a little crazy going wit a 40" flatscreen. I don't understand all the features and need to figure out how to tone down those reds but it's nice to read subtitles in wide screen again! I went with a Toshiba 40" 1080p LCD HDTV (40RV525U). And, as a bonus this completes one of my New Year's Resolutions on my 9 in 2009.

The box for the new one took up almost all my floor space in my kitchen:

Assembly was easy but lifting that sucker to place on a shoulder high surface was not!
Check out the comparison pics!

Old TV at it's old spot:

New TV:

Me & Old TV:

Me & New TV, arms aren't long enough to get whole image in there!


Jamie said...

Wooohooooo!! That's serious home entertainment. Enjoy!!

blake said...

I'm wicked jealous. Congratulations!

Genie Sea said...

Mhm! Yeah baby! I love my wide screen. It's the only way to watch movies! :) YAY!

Danette said...

Your own theater! That is one sexy screen. You deserve it. And, all the movies you watch are now soooo excited to show off for you, I just know it.

Sacred Suzie said...

This post totally rocks! We're thinking of getting the same size TV. I love that you went from tiny box to your own home movie theatre.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Thanks for the enthusiasm & support (and um, jealousy..) I'm so stoked about my new TV... it's beautiful and believe me I'll put it to work!.

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012