Monday, 27 April 2009

Vlog - Week in Film & 101 Films - Going Classic

video

Films Discussed: missed seeing Iron Maiden: Flight 666 (so sad!), but did see Sunset Blvd., The Thing From Another World, The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1939), Onibaba and Clash of the Titans.

Notes:
Link to 101 Films List
Clash of the Titans is set to be remade in 2010 by director Louis Leterrier. See more at the films IMDb Page.
Upcoming: Hot Docs 2009!

I may not have seen the film but I did get to see the poster!
Photobucket

Some of this weeks selections:
Photobucket

I saw The Thing From Another World on Scream Television, a channel that has some of the best TV spots, including this one:
Photobucket

3 comments:

Suzie the Foodie said...

I am so super curious now Shannon as to what fear Clash of the Titans instilled in you! LOL. I ordered Sunset Boulevard, sounds good and what a total bummer missing out on Iron Maiden: Flight 666, I'm so sorry to hear that Shannon.

Perhaps the reason why you didn't know how sad the Hunchback was going to be is because Disney made a silly movie version which offended people so much because it is such a huge tragedy. That's totally rumour thought since I haven't seen either one of them.

Library didn't have The Thing From Another World, darn it!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Ah, Clash of the Titans. Scary! Two of the big scary moments for me have to do with, um, dismemberment but still aliveness. Very very creepy.

I wonder if you are right about the Hunchback! It's not a story I'm overly familiar so seeing it I realized it very tragic.

I saw The Thing From Another World on Scream, they showed it a fair amount - I missed it a few times before seeing it. I don't see it scheduled soon but they have an alpha listing to titles here.

Suzie the Foodie said...

I was like that with King Kong and getting eaten alive, terrifying stuff!

The pain and tragedy of the story in Hunchback is supposed to be overwhelming which is why it is so shocking it was made into a Disney story. Either way, not my cup of tea these days.

Thank you so much for that link! OMG, that is so cool. I really like Scream and it's awesome to see what they're showing. I love that warning you put up from that channel, it is such a funny channel.

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012