Monday, 20 April 2009

Vlog - Week in Film & 101 Films - A Week of Errors


Films Discussed: Two Lovers, Chunghyang, In A Lonely Place (reason to see Bob's post over at Eternal Sunshine of the Logical Mind 10 Characters Meme), American Psycho, Sleuth (1972), Dracula (1931) and Wolf Creek.

Sleuth (1972) *is* currently at 180 on the IMDb Top 250 list.

Link to 101 Films List

Oops, I didn't make it through all of these! One left to go...

That's a lot of Dracula options!

No poster was up at the theatre for Two Lovers - so sad


Jamie said...

I'm SO with you on the Blade Trinity situation. Two? Seriously? No way. Three all the way.

I'm glad your week included Dracula.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

I totally don't get the Blade II thing. Great casting, but as a whole... I just don't get it.

Thank goodness for Dracula! It was awesome. Yes, AWESOME!

Suzie the Foodie said...

I am totally impressed you made it through American Psycho Shannon. One of the reasons they were freaking out that it was made was because the story had been banned in the U.S. so to do a movie of it...well!!! I found the intro monologue absolutely riveting and he was so great but so scary. I just couldn't get through it.

What a crazy week you had! Our DVD player couldn't handle even brand new DVDs so we got it with the PVR and now it seems to be OK but I know, that is sooooooo frustrating!

I'm also glad you got to see Dracula and make your movie-going week a little less difficult.

Sabine said...

Yeah, American Psycho is definitely one of those movies that stays with you. Not just because of the violence, though, but because of the treatment of the material. That last scene just makes you question everything about what you just watched. I never watch horror movies and sometimes can't even stand the tension in thrillers, but I think the reason why I loved American Psycho was because (like Fight Club) it was such a great, great commentary on contemporary life. That's as vague as I can be without giving anything away!

Great vlog entry, Shannon!

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012