Monday, 6 April 2009

Vlog - Week in Film & 101 Films

video

Films Discussed: The Haunting in Connecticut, Adventureland, Dawn of the Dead (1978* & 2004), Bob Le Flambeur and The Ghost & Mrs. Muir*.

I put up 2 polls for the theatre question:
1 - When do you plan to arrive to the theatre?
2 - When do you like to take your seat at the theatre?

Trailer for 17 Again
Trailer for The Proposal

*correction, George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead came out in 1978 (not 1979)
* The Ghost & Mrs. Muir - it's on my 101 list but it isn't on any other list I can find! How spooky is that? I guess I was just meant to see it!

5 comments:

Suzie the Foodie said...

Yay! Wow, I got an honourable movie mention, woohoo! The Ghost & Mrs. Muir does sound completely up my alley Shannon. Believe it or not, my library carries is so I'm on the WAITING list! :)

I like to hang out before movies and talk to the friends we go with, sometimes that is the only time we get to talk because there are no cafes around here to go to afterwards.

I had the opportunity to go see Adventureland for free but there was a blizzard, yeah, sucks. I'm glad you liked it, I have a feeling I will really bond with that one thanks to my Wonder years.

Love the vlog Shannon and look forward to the surprise movie tales next week!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Oh, I hope you like it Suzie - I can't imagine you not liking The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. I got my copy from the library too!

I bet you would like Adventureland - I think the timing re: Wonderland would be perfect. I'd love to chat about it, especially because we've both worked (at very different) themeparks.

It snowed here last night. Same week as Easter & it snowed. I'm not shovelling no more this year!

Suzie the Foodie said...

Libraries are amazing! I'm so glad they had it. It's true, we both could relate to it very much because of our theme park history, so cool.

Snow there...not cool! We're supposed to get flurried on Easter too. This winter sucks!

Suzie the Foodie said...

Finally got it and you were right Shannon, that movie was perfect for me! I LOVED it! And I probably would never have seen it had you not recommended it to me, thank you so much Movie Moxie!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

I'm so glad to hear you liked it Suzie!!

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012