Wednesday, 13 May 2009

Countdown to Star Trek Movie Marathon Vlog!

video

Countdown to Star Trek Movie Marathon is now complete, I actually made it through watching all 10 films before the new Star Trek came out. A big shout out to Jennifer at Jennerosity Land for playing along the whole way - I hope you enjoyed the journey as much as I!

Before starting this re-watching journey, I ranked them from favourite to least favourite. As I watched them again I did the same thing and the results are in. Watch the Vlog above or see the list below!

Photobucket

Before Re-Watching Top Ten Star Trek Films:
10. "New Aliens" - Star Trek: Nemesis
9. "Long" - Star Trek: The Motion Picture
8. "Spock Lives" - Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
7. "Whales" - Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
6. "Old People Planet" - Star Trek: Insurrection
5. "God" - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
4. "Generations" (!) - Star Trek: Generations
3. "Borg/Zephran" - Star Trek: First Contact
2. "Klingons" - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
1. "Khan" - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Post Re-Watching Top Ten Star Trek Films:

10. Star Trek: Generations (down 6)
9. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (down 1)
8. Star Trek: Nemesis (up 2 - ouch)
7. Star Trek: The Motion Picture (up 2)
6. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (down 1)
5. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (up 2)
4. Star Trek: Insurrection (up 2)
3. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (down 1)
2. Star Trek: First Contact (up 1)
1. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (no difference - Khan reigns supreme!)

It's clear that Khan, Klingons and First Contact rock. The biggest increase jumps were Whales from #7 to #5 and Insurrection from #6 to #4, and decrease was Generations getting booted from #4 all the way to #10 - shocking!

How do you rank the Star Trek films?

1 comment:

Trista DeVries said...

Okay, so my list would have to be....

1. Voyage Home
2. Wrath of Khan
3. Search for Spock
4. First Contact
5. Nemesis
6. The Motion Picture
7. Generations
8. Undiscovered Country
9. Insurrection
10. Final Frontier

Man oh man that was hard! Frankly, I'm shocked that for a non-Star Trek fan I've actually seen them all. Maybe I need to reassess my definition of 'fan'. But, of course, in my humble and personal opinion all of these get bumped down one in favor of JJ Abrams Star Trek at #1.

Awesome work watching all of these Shannon. I hope it was an enjoyable watch down memory lane.

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012