Monday, 11 May 2009

Hot Docs 2009 Day 10/11 Vlog - May 9 & 10, 2009


Films Discussed:

Ali Shan
Cat Ladies
Rise Up

* Organ and tissue donation forms available here

Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival runs from April 30- May 10, 2009 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Suzie the Foodie said...

I am wish you on the medical issue Shannon, I can barely get through Grey's Anatomy and that's all fiction but I have no trouble with horror. It sounds like it was a good choice in the end and that people loved it. How smart of them to hand out that pamphlet and show just how easy it is to sign up for organ donation.

Great coverage of Hot Docs 2009 Shannon! It was wonderful to hear and read so much about it.

Suzie the Foodie said...

Oh I forgot! I also wanted to mention that it's sad that they focused on the most radical and over-to-top cat ladies because that isn't very representative of normal people having cats. But then perhaps it would not be such a radical idea for a documentary.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

To be honest Suzie, I think you would get a lot out of 65_REDROSES, although it wouldn't be an easy watch for you I think it'd be worth it.

I too kinda wanted a more 'normal' cat lady in Cat Ladies but it was clear the choice made was to show the extreme - and within that extreme there was some variety so kudos for that.

Although the festival is overe there will be more reviews and hopefully some vids up of the Q&A's later today.

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012