Wednesday, 3 June 2009

District 9 Poster: For Humans Only


I'm not usually a fan of viral marketing (who like a virus, really?) but this was funny. But, if unaware of the upcoming docu-, I mean sci-fi film District 9 it might be unsettling - and that is more likely the point. Uh oh, I'm back to not liking the idea. Whelp, while I two-face that convo in my head, why don't you have a look at the trailer and decide for yourself!

More District 9 Info: Official Film Site & Trailer, IMDb Page, Release Date Source (August 14, 2009)


Selfstyler said...

I saw the short film this is based on a few years back, it's great, really looking forward to the film.

And I'm digging the posters so far - I like viral marketing if it's done well, so long as it isn't oversaturated or too impenetrable (all these online games/treasure hunts...yawn!). Like this poster, though.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

I didn't realize it was based on a short film! Thanks for the intel Selfstyler.

It's funny because I would never have picked this as a poster for the film based on the trailer - which the first time I saw it I initially thought was a documentary. Sometimes it's just nice to hear be looking forward to a film I'd not heard of yet!

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012