Monday, 6 July 2009

Vlog: Week in Film & 101 Films Update

video

Long one this week - got a little carried away rhyming off all the reasons why Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines was, is and will always be awful (from 6:20-16:20).

Films Discussed
In Theatres:Up, Drag Me to Hell and Moon
101 Films to See Films: The Man from Laramie, Laura and Persona.
Terminator 1-3 marathon, which is really a rant-like spoiler filled reasons on why Terminator 3 was awful
Book to Film: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, film adaptation set for 2011 release

Ah, the AMC - saw all the in theatre films here:
Photobucket

I forgot to mentioned that I knitted all the way through the Terminator marathon. Here is the progression through the films. Before The Terminator (adding a new colour is always fun):

Photobucket

Between The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day (see the stripes forming?)
Photobucket

Between Terminator 2: Judgement Day and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines:
Photobucket

After Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (not much done, lots of note-taking :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

blake said...

I totally felt the same way about Drag Me To Hell as you did. I can't wait to see Moon! It opens in my area on Friday. Persona really threw me for a loop. I didn't so much enjoy it the first time, but I'm going to give it a second (and probably third) try. I'm sorry you had to sit through the Terminator movie. That's one I stood well back from, although I should probably watch the first two.

Suzie the Foodie said...

I love your rants Shannon! It has been so long since I have seen T3 that I don't remember a lot of that stuff but man, I hope I never see it again. The sexism alone!

What a bummer you didn't like Drag Me to Hell very much. I still can't believe there was humour in it and that it didn't even end up being scary. What's the point in that?!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

The first two Terminator films are fantastic Blake! Although, I think because the 2nd is so good it almost gives a too high precedent standard for sequels. Although, people should aim high!

I was so disappointed not to love Drag Me to Hell. There were some really laugh out loud moments, although I was the only one laughing...

Hehe, I don't often rant but this was special occasion - I couldn't hold back! At least Terminator Salvation was fun.

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012