Saturday, 15 August 2009

Toronto After Dark Film Festival 2009 Day 1 Vlog - Friday August 14, 2009

video

And so it begins! First night of the Toronto After Dark Film Festival and first vlog for the festival as well. Films discussed include the knock-out opening night film Black Dynamite, screened with the short film Captain Coulier (Space Explorer). Also discussed which upcoming festival films that I'm looking forward to seeing.

Photobucket
Passholders & Ticketholders had their own lines per usual.

Photobucket
Great after party at the Annex Wreck Room with music DJ'd by Black Dynamite director Scott Sanders!

The Toronto After Dark Film Festival 2009 runs from August 14-21, 2009 at the Bloor Cinema, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

4 comments:

Adam said...

You rock my twisted cinematic planet Shannon!

Suzie the Foodie said...

I am so excited for you Shannon! The festival of the dark and twisted has begun, I am so envious.

Mad TV used to make fun of blacksploitation films from the 70s and they were my favourite skits, I would love to see the one you saw at the festival!

There's a zombie walk in Halifax at noon today but I can't go, my honey hurt his back. Oh well, maybe next year.

Have fun and can't wait to hear more!

The Film Reel said...

Black Dynamite was the most hilarious movie I've seen in years. I laughed from start to finish. I hope the rest of the films are as good as that one!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Thanks Adam!

Suzie, I bet you would love this film! I didn't realize there was a Zombie Walk in Halifax - that sucks you can't make it. Hope R is feeling better soon.

I laughed so hard during Black Dynamite as well, my face was sore by the end of it! Can't wait to see the rest of the films at the festival.

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012