Monday, 10 August 2009

Vlog: Week in Film


Films Discussed
In Theatres: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Thirst
Random Watching: Séance (dir: Kiyoshi Kurosawa - Tokyo Sonata / Tôkyô sonata), Ballet Shoes, Near Dark
101 Films to See Films: A Star is Born

Make sure to check out Vampathon: Vampire Film Marathon
Upcoming: Toronto After Dark Film Festival starts this Friday August 14, 2009





Jay Clarke said...

Agreed on GIJOE, can't understand all the hate. Sure, it's dumb and ridiculous, but so was the cartoon. I also appreciated the lack of wrecking ball testicles.

Near Dark is one of my faves! See ya at After Dark!

Suzie the Foodie said...

I enjoyed GI Joe although got kind of dazed after all those effects but really enjoyed the martial arts in it. Why hate the fun? I have no idea.

I have never even heard of Near Dark! Hudson and Vasquez? Really?! Oh I will have to see if my library carries that one.

I hope you get to see Orphan soon Shannon. I'm hoping I won't miss 500 Days of Summer, not sure how long that one will be around.

Favourite vampire movie? Hmm... Probably Underworld but that's also because I am crazy about werewolves too. Costuming for the vampires was so great and I really got a sense of vamp "culture" in that one.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Glad to hear there are more GI Joe enjoyers!

Near Dark is totally a new fave but I still keep saying "How had I never seen this?", kinda like after I saw The Night of the Hunter.

Underworld is a good one Suzie! I consider it a hybrid vampire film (heh) so it's not going to part of the vampathon - although I still love it. The clothes! The attitude! Awesome.

See ya at After Dark Jay! Only a few more days.

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012