Friday, 11 September 2009

TIFF'09 Day 1 Vlog - Thursday September 10, 2009

video

Films Discussed: Nymph

Here is a much clearer explanation about the trees from the introduction by director Pen-Ek Ratanaruang: Almost every Thai person grows up hearing a legend/story that becomes a belief that the trees in the forest have female spirits living in them. So, when you go into the forest that you have to respect the trees and nature.

The Toronto International Film Festival runs from September 10 - 19, 2009 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

4 comments:

WiseKwai said...

I'm glad you enjoyed Nymph.

Pen-ek's family name is indeed a mouthful.

Rat-tana-ru-ang.

Like most Thai people, he has a short nickname that most Thais will know better. They call him "Tom" Pen-ek.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Nymph was a great way to start the festival this year, to atmospheric, great acting, great Q&A!

Maybe I'll go with Tom next time... but I hear people say his name all the time and I want to be able to too! I hope I was close!

Jamie Ridler said...

I loved listening to your vlog this morning. It makes me feel like I'm getting a taste of the festival experience.

Thanks for reminding people that we can hear them so shhhhh!

Univarn said...

Good stuff, just got around to listening to it today so I'm a bit behind on the TIFF stuff, looks like everyone's screaming the blame game for Jennifer's Body so you may have gotten lucky on missing that one!

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012