Saturday, 12 September 2009

TIFF'09 Day 2 Vlog - Friday September 11, 2009


Films Discussed: Like You Know It All, Face, The Wild Hunt, Beautiful Kate and Daybreakers
Name of the short film: Léger problème
Acroynm: LARPing = Live Action Role Playing
As promised, check out the Intro for the World Premiere of Daybreakers here.
Like vids? Head on over to The Substream and check out their TIFF coverage, including all about Midnight Madness.

The Toronto International Film Festival runs from September 10 - 19, 2009 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.


Univarn said...

Sounds like yah had a long fun day! Looking forward to Day 3 (assuming you can wake up for it :o)

Jeff said...

Nice to hear your Beautiful Kate review...I'm going to see it tomorrow morning. I guess I'm in for an interesting movie. I like those heavy, emotional dramas. I'm seeing 6 Australian movies this year... there's a lot of them in the festival this year.

Sorry but "Like You Know It All" was hands down, the worst movie I've ever seen. It's not the story or the acting... there was no editing in it! Every scene played out in a medium two shot with a few zooms and pans. There were no cutaways, inserts, establishing shots or b-roll...the basic fundamentals of shooting and editing a movie.

I'm an editor so maybe I see things like that the average viewer may not notice. Oh well.. everything else I've seen as been great.

Were you just at Time Trip today? I seem to remember that being on your list. I really liked it. Hope you're enjoying the festival.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

I did make it up on Day 3 even thought that was a challenge .... midnights on a full day are crazy!

I hope you like Beautiful Kate Jeff! I'm also seeing 6 Australian films, I think I've seen most of them at this point.

Sorry to hear you didn't like Like You Know it All - the worst film you've seen, even? Wow that sounds pretty harsh, and I can't agree with ya there. It's hard when we have a bias of knowledge that can change the film going experience for certain films which is what sounded like happened there. I quite enjoyed the pace, even though it made the film feel really long. Also, the characters were really entertaining and scenarios normal yet hilarious.

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012