Sunday, 18 October 2009

Week in Film Vlog: Boatloads of Movies!


Films Discussed
In Theatres: Where the Wild Things Are, Whip It, Paranormal Activity
101 Films: Amarcord, Belle et la Bete, Black Sabbath, The Hanging Garden
Own/Unseen: The Grudge (US version)
Random Watching: Bolt, Prom Night (Original), The Bride
It Used to Scare Me Tuesdays: The Stuff





Suzie Ridler said...

Oh Yay! I just love you week in film vlogs Shannon and you saw stuff I really am curious about seeing. Interesting about Where the Wild Things Are, I worry that I won't be brought into the movie like you but will see what happens. Chose Zombieland over Whip It for logistic reasons and had lots of fun but woah, super gory. So happy Paranormal Activity didn't disappoint and was scary! I looked it up, it is on downtown here, woot! Will try and go see it ASAP before it disappears. Didn't like the Grudge eh? I didn't find it scary either. Just cheesy although I know some guys found it freaky!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

I wonder what you will think of Where the Wild Things Are, so far it seems to be doing pretty well and people are enjoying it. Awww, I hope you see Whip It Suzie, I know you would like it - I think they messed up releasing it the same week as Zombieland I know lots of people that went to that instead.

You will LOVE Paranormal Activity! I can't wait to hear what you think :) With the Grudge I forgot to mention that I'd already seen the original which was scary but re-make... not so much!

Univarn said...

Great vlog update! I'm really excited for Where the Wild Things Are, everyone I've read who enjoyed it seems to have really gotten absorbed in the subtext nature of the Wild Things, what each represents, and so on and so forth... curious to see if that'll even phase me or if I'll be more concerned with the surface aspect of the film. Really looking forward to Paranormal Activity as well. Thought I'd throw that in there.

Bolt couldn't have been more cliche and underachieving if it tried (harder). The US version of The Grudge was doomed from the moment they started and only got worse.

I still need to get around to seeing some Federico Fellini films, maybe I'll do it as a roll up towards Nine?

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Ah, so maybe I should have been thinking about the subtext more not less with Where the Wild Things Are!

You are so right Univarn - underachieving is very descriptive of Bolt!

I love Fellini's La Strada and 8 1/2 (which is being re-made into Nine). I think seeing some before Nine comes out is a great idea!

Marc Saint-Cyr said...

Yeah, Amarcord is quite strange, and more than a little annoying. I'm definitely more of a fan of Fellini's earlier stuff, and to me, 8 1/2 is absolutely perfect.

Glad you liked la Belle et la Bete! So good...

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012