Monday, 12 October 2009

Week in Film Vlog


'Lil goof in here - mentioned content from both the Nosferatu films, so consider that a spoiler warning.

Films Discussed
In Theatres: Fame (2009), Coco Avant Chanel and Haeundae
101 Films: The Sting, Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht
Random Watching: Lust, Caution and Rogue
It Used to Scare Me Tuesdays: C.H.U.D.


Univarn said...

I love everything with Audrey Tautou, so I can't wait to see Coco Avant Chanel. The Sting is one of my all time favorite films, pure fun and joy. As for Lust, Caution, it was so powerful, and had so much raw emotion the sheer lack of nominations it got because of the sex scene controversy was shocking.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Audrey Tautou is amazing I've enjoyed her performance in anything I've seen her in especially Coco Avant Chanel. I was impressed with The Sting it's always nice when films live up to their reputation.

Jay Clarke said...

Ha ha C.H.U.D! Yeah Shannon, there is a sequel, it's called CHUD 2: Bud The Chud and as you can guess, it's a fullout comedy.

LOVED Rogue, so glad you saw it, it's an underseen gem in my opinion. I'm sure you meant by the director of Wolf Creek though. Eden Lake was a British film by James Watkins. Easy to get those bodies of water mixed up :P

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Bud the Chud? OH my. I wonder if it will end up being made into an onstage musical... seems to be *so* the things these days.

Jay, you are so right I meant Wolf Creek not Eden Lake! There are lots of bodies of waters films (oh.. that could be a marathon...), but haven't seen Eden Lake... but at least I didn't say Lake Placid!

Rogue was awesome, I hope more people get to see it.

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012