Monday, 21 December 2009

Week in Film Vlog: December 21, 2009


Happy Holidays all! I hoped to find my Santa hat for this vlog, but no luck. I did put bows in my hair if you look closely...

Awards Season Begins!: Golden Globe Nominations
Theatrical: Up in the Air, The Young Victoria, Bright Star, A Single Man
9 in 2009: The Man with the Golden Arm, David Copperfield, Herbie Full Loaded
Random: Speed Racer, Garden State, The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008), Oceans 13
Holiday: Prancer, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Randomly mentioned:
The Young Victoria is directed by Jean-Marc Vallée, whom also directed C.R.A.Z.Y.
Actor from A Single Man & About a Boy is Nicholas Hoult
Recommended Holiday Theatrical Viewing: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Only got through some of the above films next week, hopefully will see the rest by next vlog time!


Univarn said...

What I love about Garden State is that it is quirky, but it's really character oriented, and they really have a lot of personal issues to work through. I thought it was hilarious as well, loved the romance (felt real and flawed like most are), and it had a killer soundtrack. I've seen it about 10 times since its release, love it every time.

Of course someone would have to drug me to get me to see Herbie Fully Loaded. Though I do want to see Up in the Air, Young Victoria, Bright Star, and Single Man (if only NC got those sort of films here).

Suzie Ridler said...

I love period pieces so now I totally want to see The Young Victoria and The Single Man! I am a big fan of Colin Firth, the moment I saw him for that brief scene in Shakespeare in Love he captured my attention.

What I did like about Garden State is his awakening from his stupor, I found that fascinating plus I just like him but I wouldn't say it's a fantastic movie either Shannon.

So glad I did not see Oceans 13 since I did not even like Oceans 12!

Too bad you couldn't find your hat Shannon but I love the bows! And I always love listening and watching to your week in film. It amazes me how much you see and love hearing what you think of them. Can't wait to see your vlogs in the new year!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Ah, ok I see about Garden State now.. I was thinking of it different. I can see the character connection there and understand why I don't connect to it - and that's ok. Flawed & real romances, I get that ... but my go to for that is totally All the Real Girls.

Haha, I didn't really want to watch Herbie, but it was on a list and what I do for lists! Matt Dillon is really good in it though :)

I hope you do get a chance to see all those films Univarn! I know some are expanding in the next few weeks.

You will love The Young Victoria Suzie! You totally will. Not sure about A Single Man though, hmm.. hard to say. It's a great film though.

I have to remember to wear my bows tomorrow! I can't believe Christmas is almost here :)

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012