Thursday, 17 June 2010

Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader Poster & Trailer


Sometimes timing is a beautiful thing. Yesterday I saw the first poster for Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and as it turns out the trailer for the film just debuted as well! This this is quite high of my most anticipated films of the year list (#3, only after Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse). I loved the first two Narnia films (The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian), although oddly I've never reviewed them. Four siblings in a world of fantasy, adventure, animals - what isn't to love? I didn't read the whole series as a kid but I am reading them as the films come out. This trailer reminds me that I have no clue what the focus will be, but I have a feeling I'm going to like it.

If you want to see the trailer analyzed I've got some great links for you! has a great listed all the dialogue in the trailer. Narnia fans has a great post with screen caps galore.

Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader comes out Friday December 10, 2010 in 3D, is directed by Michael Apted (The World is Not Enough) and stars Georgie Henley as Lucy Pevensie, Skandar Keynes as Edmund Pevensie, Ben Barnes as Prince Caspian, and Liam Neeson as the voice of Aslan. Even though the IMDb Page does not have them listed, it sure looks like Anna Popplewell as Susan Pevensie, William Moseley as Peter Pevensie and Tilda Swinton as the White Witch are in it from the trailer.


simoncolumb said...

i have a feeling you would expect this to have been watched, but alas, I haven't seen any of these. I thought they were only released to cash in on the gap Lord of the Rings left behind ... is it worth watching Movie Moxie?

MovieNut14 said...

I tagged you for a Versatile Blogger Award. Info here:

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Hmm, I'm not sure if you'd like it Simon. I don't think they are a LotR cash in, but moreso a omg, it *is* possible to a successful fantasy epic book to film translation! The thing is with these - they are adventure films. Not action. Adventure. Fantastical, sometimes whimsical, not necessarily light, but more "family friendly". Rich art direction, interesting characters, epic story lines are all here and done well.

One thing I absolutely adore about the films is that they follow a group of siblings, and being part of a large (immediate) family, I really appreciate seeing those dynamics, truths and loyalties - it's not that often explored in film. So, when I see it done in a way that I feel resonates true, I really embrace it.

The first one is much more whimsical than the second, but I think they are both great in terms of fantasy adventure. If you check 'em out I'd love to hear what you think!

Thanks for the nom Movie Nut! /beam

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012