Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Movie Moxie Podcast: Episode 1

I've been talking about, hoping for and waxing poetically about having my very own film podcast for a very long time and the day has finally come! On this first episode of the Movie Moxie Podcast I stick to my spoiler-free guns as I review current theatrical releases of Salt, The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010) and The Kids Are All Right as well as reviewing new to DVD release of Espion(s). I hope you enjoy this first episode!



MP3 File


Time Details:
0:00 – 1:30 - Introduction
1:30 –10:10 - Salt
10:10 – 17:10 - The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
17:10 – 21:40 - The Kids Are All Right
21:40 – 23:30 - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Theatre
23:30 – 26:25 - Trailers: The Expendables & Red
26:25 – 27:35 - DVD Releases July 27, 2010
27:35 – 29:50 - DVD Review: Espion(s)
29:50 – 31:15 - Coming Up Next Week
31:15 – 31:52 - Outro

Show notes
Podcast should be up on iTunes shortly.
You can also subscribe to the Movie Moxie Podcast here:

Questions & comments on the podcast are welcome, feel free to comment on this post or contact me directly by email

4 comments:

themarina said...

Congrats on the first show!

I too really enjoyed Sorcerer's Apprentice. It was great fun and Baruchel really sold the movie for me. I particularly liked the way science was brought into the equation side by side with the magic - not something you see often but I did like that extra bit of texture quite a bit.

Jamie Ridler said...

Fantastic podcast, Shannon! I really enjoyed it. I totally loved that I could sit back and just enjoy, not worrying about spoilers at all. That's so rare! Thank you for that.

Your reviews are insightful, you gave me lots to think about and your sense of humour came through too. And I love your theme music!

Congratulations on a great start! Can't wait for next week.

Sasha (The Final Girl Project) said...

It was great meeting you finally! I need to listen to your podcast ASAP.

Suzie Ridler said...

Fantastic! I love the music, the humour, the pace of the podcast... seriously entertaining and you know I am a terrible listener but thoroughly enjoyed it Shannon!

I am super happy to hear you enjoyed The Sorcerer's Apprentice, I totally agree with you, very entertaining and wow, did I ever love seeing magic in an urban setting too. So exciting! For once I actually enjoyed Nicholas Cage in a new-er movie, LOL.

Wonderful work Shannon, can't believe that is your first one and totally loved the odd movie moment in particular. We have gone to several movies lately but nothing weird has happened, bummer!

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012