Sunday, 30 January 2011

Book to Film Club January 2011: I Am Number Four (Book)

Photobucket

The Book to Film Club book selection for January is I Am Number Four by Pitticus Lore.

I Am Number Four is a young adult science fiction novel that is the first of a proposed 6-part series (and the only series included in the book club). I keep trying to write a brief description but it keeps feeling spoilery. Sigh. You can get I Am Number Four here at Amazon.ca (Canada) and Amazon.com (US).

I Am Number Four Book Reviews by Book to Film Clubbers:

I Am Number Four will be our February Film selection. The film stars Alex Pettyfer (Wild Child, Beastly), Timothy Olyphant (High Life, "Deadwood"), Dianna Agron (Quinn on "Glee"), Kevin Durand (Legion), Jake Abel (Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief) and Teresa Palmer (The Sorcerer's Apprentice), and is directed by D.J. Caruso (Eagle Eye, The Salton Sea).

The film comes out February 18, 2011 and you can see the trailer below, although I'd only recommend watching trailer after you've read the book if you are planning to read as it's certainly got spoilers:



What did you think of the book? Are you looking forward to the film? How do you feel about the casting? Looking forward to hearing everyone's reactions!

5 comments:

girlsinthestacks.com said...

Yes, we read the book. Was it great? No. It was alright. Here is the link to our review is here and our podcast here

Norlinda said...

I watched the teaser trailer a while back so I was excited to read the book. Here's my review. Lukewarm about the book but you just can't go wrong with Timothy Olyphant.

Jamie Ridler said...

I totally enjoyed the book. It was good fun at a good pace and clearly designed for a young audience. I'm psyched about the movie. I'm a spoiler-avoidance nut (which is why I love Movie Moxie!) but I thought since I'd read the book, I'd watch the trailer. I got partway through and thought, nope, I'm going to wait!

I love the book to film club!

okinawaassault said...

Here's my super late book review. I'm booked with all kinds of stuff so I can't watch the movie anytime soon.

http://okinawaassault.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/book-i-am-number-four/

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Updated with your link! Never too late, we have the whole year to play along :)

All content on Movie Moxie is written by Shannon Ridler, © 2006 - 2012