We've read the book, now it's time to watch the film! I Am Number Four was released on Friday February 18, 2011, have you had a chance to see it yet? I hope so - and more so I hope you enjoyed it! It's an adaptation of the young adult science fiction novel I Am Number Four by Pitticus Lore, and is the first of a proposed 6-part series (and the only series included in the book club). The film stars Alex Pettyfer (Wild Child, Beastly), Timothy Olyphant (High Life, "Deadwood"), Dianna Agron (Quinn on "Glee"), Kevin Durand (Legion), Jake Abel (Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief) and Teresa Palmer (The Sorcerer's Apprentice), and is directed by D.J. Caruso (Eagle Eye, The Salton Sea).
Here are some things to ponder when thinking, writing and/or journaling about the film:
- Did you like the film?
- Was the film what you expected from reading the book?
- How did the book and the film compare?
- How did you feel about the casting? Were the characters what you expected?
- Were there characters, moments or ideas you liked better in the book? If so, what were they?
- What was your favourite thing about the book?
- Were there characters, moments or ideas you liked better in the film? If so, what were they?
- What was your favourite thing about the film?
- Was there anything you understood more after seeing the film?
- Was there anything you felt was missing from the film?
- Did the film capture the spirit of the book?
- Who would you recommend the book to?
- Who would you recommend the film too?
- Are you happy you read the book before seeing the film?
- Would you recommend people read the book before seeing the film?
- What was the impact of reading the book before seeing the film?
I Am Number Four Film Reviews by Book to Film Clubbers: