0:00 – 0:45 - Introduction
0:45 – 8:10 - News
8:10 – 15:15 – I Am Number Four Review
15:15 – 34:30 – Coming of Age Films as a Genre
34:30 – 38:30 – DVD releases & Upcoming Films
38:30 – 40:39 – Outro
You can subscribe to the Movie Moxie Podcast here:
Or subscribe through iTunes here.
- I was on the Creative Living with Jamie Podcast
- List of Films to Inspire You
- Oscar nominations if you need to job your memory
- I'll be live tweeting through the awards - follow me here.
- I'll likely although be checking out the Live Chat over at Row Three through the Oscars
- Spirit Award nominations
- Genie's announce William Shatner as host for the 31st Genies on March 10, 2011
- Reviews of films mentioned: I Am Number Four, Wild Child, Dorian Gray and Story of Jen
- My I Am Number Four book review
- DVD releases for February 22, 2011
- 2011 Book to Film Club
- Shannon's Definition of Coming of Age films: Coming of age films are ones where characters come into their own through self-discovery, self-development, actualization, actions or inaction and often include the process of claiming or re-claiming their identity and power.
- Wikipedia Definition of Coming of Age films: Coming-of-age film is a film genre which focuses on the psychological and moral growth of the protagonist from youth to adulthood, thus personal growth and change is an important characteristic of this genre.
- Wikipedia list of Coming of Age films
- List of all Coming of Age films reviewed
- Recent Coming of Age Films: Never Let Me Go, Fish Tank, Grown Up Movie Star
- Girl Coming of Age Films: Fish Tank, Grown Up Movie Star, Somersault, Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 1 & 2, An Education, White Oleander, New Waterford Girl, Flower and Garnet, Story of Jen
- Guy Coming of Age Films: I Am Number Four, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, C.R.A.Z.Y., J'ai tué ma mère / I Killed My Mother, Boy A
- Guy and Girl Coming of Age Film: Kisses
- Gender Exploration Coming of Age Films: XXY
- Later-in-life Coming of Age Films: American Beauty, Eat Pray Love, The Namesake, The Graduate
- Generational Coming of Age Films: Almost Famous, The Breakfast Club, St. Elmo’s Fire
- Fave Coming of Age Films of All Time: 12 and Holding, Little Darlings
- Not Really Coming of Age Films: Paranoid Park, Dorian Gray