Water For Elephants, our March book and April film selection for the Book to Film Club came this weekend. Have you had a chance to check it out yet? I'm really looking forward to seeing it and planning to very soon, I'm so curious about how the casting plays out and I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing the animals. I'm also very curious to see how faithful an adaptation it is. We will know soon! The film adaptation stars Robert Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon, Christoph Waltz, James Frain, Hal Holbrook and Paul Schneider, directed by Francis Lawrence (Constantine, I Am Legend). I'm looking forward to hearing people's thoughts!
Here are some things to ponder when thinking, writing and/or journaling about the film:
- Did you enjoy the film?
- Was the film what you expected from reading the book?
- How did you feel about the tone of the film?
- Did you feel that the captured the time period well?
- How did you feel about the casting? Were the characters what you expected?
- Were there characters, moments or ideas you liked better in the book? If so, what were they?
- What was your favourite thing about the book?
- Were there characters, moments or ideas you liked better in the film? If so, what were they?
- What was your favourite thing about the film?
- Was there anything you understood more after seeing the film?
- Was there anything you felt was missing from the film?
- Did the film capture the spirit of the book?
- Who would you recommend the book to?
- Who would you recommend the film too?
- Are you happy you read the book before seeing the film?
- Would you recommend people read the book before seeing the film?
- What was the impact of reading the book before seeing the film?
If you don't have a site of your own, you can always start a blog or posterous site or share your thoughts and connect though Good Reads (feel free to friend me on Good Reads here).
Water for Elephants Film Reviews by Book to Film Clubbers: