0:00 – 1:10 - Introduction
1:10 – 4:50 - News
4:50 – 18:50 – In a Better World Review
18:50 – 26:15 – Political Films as a Film Genre
26:15 – 34:00 – Question of the Week
34:00 – 36:00 – DVD releases
36:00 – 39:45 – Upcoming Next Week
39:45 – 40:52 – Outro
Question of the Week: do you feel that a film is ‘better’ when you relate, resonate and recognize the truth in the journey of the protagonist? Let me know your thoughts!
- Check out my guest appearance on the Saturday B Movie Reel Podcast over at Tuning into SciFi TV chatting Sharktopus
- I mention the 2011 Movie Moxie Book to Film Club & the book selection of One Day
- I mention & highly recommend Susanne Bier’s previous film After the Wedding / Efter brylluppet
- I mention the Radio Lingua Network and the podcast One Minute Danish
- DVD Releases for April 19, 2011
- DVD Review of The King’s Speech
Political Films As Genre Show Notes
- Wikipedia Definition: Political Cinema in the narrow sense of the term is a cinema which portrays current or historical events or social conditions in a partisan way in order to inform or to agitate the spectator. Political cinema exists in different forms such as documentaries, feature films, or even animated and experimental films.
- List of All Political Films reviewed
- I mentioned both In the Loop and Four Lions as political comedy films that I’ve enjoyed.