On this weeks episode of the Movie Moxie Podcast Shannon shares in the excitement of the press conference & first set of titles for the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival, reviews Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 2, celebrates her 1 year pod-o-versary and catches up with an entire months worth of DVD releases.
You can also subscribe to the Movie Moxie Podcast here:
Subscribe through iTunes here.
0:00 - 2:30 Intro
2:30 - 13:00 Selections from the TIFF 2011 Opening Press Conference
13:00 - 21:00 Looking at the TIFF 2011 Titles so far
21:00 - 29:00 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
29:00 - 33:00 Podoversary, Birthday-ness & Kung Fu Panda 2
33:00 - 49:00 One Month of DVD Release for all of July 2011
49:00 - 52:12 Outro
- See more of my take on the first look at TIFF 2011 titles here
- See more information about TIFF at the TIFF site here.
- See trailers for TIFF Titles mentioned: Pearl Jam Twenty trailer, A Dangerous Method trailer, Moneyball trailer, The Descendents trailer and Anonymous trailer
- I mention love for Nicholas Winding Refn of The Pusher Trilogy Peter Mullan of True North & Boy A and Eddie Marsan of Sherlock Holmes & The Disappearance of Alice Creed, the original [REC] and TRON: Legacy.
- I mention my Harry Potter Countdown as well as re-reading all the Harry Potter books.
- I talk about my recent move and being excited to have all my movies put away.
- July 2011 DVD mentioned: Source Code, [REC] 2, Insidious (DVD Review), Shelter, Small Town Murder Songs, A Film with Me in It, Hobo with a Shotgun (DVD Review), Jaloux, Life During Wartime, Dinocroc vs Supergator and Turbulent Skies. I sadly forgot to mention the absolutely fantastic film Trigger which I highly recommend
- July 2011 DVDs on my to see list: Uncle Boomnee Who Recalls His Past Lives, Clone Returns Home, Ghost From the Machine, Way of the West / The Mountie, The Tempest and Limitless.
- I mention my buddy Chris of the Toronto J-Film Pow-Wow.
- Since I started the podcast one year ago today in July 2010 I've had 5 sets on interviews, analyzed 33 genres and reviewed over 75 current releases! Phew! No wonder I'm tired!